Advising Logo
” …without question, your offices are among those on campus that have, over decades, remained responsive and responsible, caring and concerned, collegial and loyal to the mission. I can’t tell you how much I’ve come to depend upon and function eternally grateful for your initiatives and support [sic].”
– Faculty Advisor, Fall 2012

“Thank you for all your support and guidance; you were always available and more than happy to help. I appreciate your kindness and positive outlook, it helped me more than you know. Thank you!”
-Student to Faculty Advisor, Spring 2016


Traditional Undergraduates – Main Campus youtube-logo_sm Twitter facebooksms

The Office of Academic Advising facilitates individualized advising for traditional undergraduate students. It assigns faculty advisors in each student’s field of study, advises undeclared majors, and provides advising support to traditional-age students and their advisors. Students are invited to seek guidance or request a change in advisor by visiting or calling the office in Woody Hall, (909) 448-4510, or by email,

Faculty, do you have students who are in distress in your course(es)

or are exhibiting “at-risk” behaviors?  Notify us using Early Alert==>


Have you thanked your academic advisor lately?

Click HERE to send your advisor a note! (Traditional, Main Campus Only).


      SOAR on Campus (Summer), Fall Admits, Opens in May.

      SOAR Online (Winter), Spring Admits, Opens in December.



Freshmen fully participate in FLEX Learning Communities.

  • Undeclared Majors: Explore our majors and select the one that best fits your interests.  Email the Academic Advising Office when you have chosen a major.
  • Declared Majors: We will preregister you in a FLEX Community prior to your SOAR attendance date that has been recommended by your major department based on the completion of all testing and prerequisites for individual courses.
  • FLEX Course Offerings.

Academic Advising is an important part of the La Verne Experience.



Graduate Students – Main Campus

Main campus graduate students are advised by the faculty program chairperson for their respective program and by Graduate Academic Services. Graduate students seeking academic advising should contact the appropriate academic department or Graduate Academic Services in their office on the main campus:

Academic Program Chairs or Graduate Academic Services
Main Campus, 2157 2nd Street
(909) 593-3511, x4011

Advising at Regional Campuses (CAPA/ROC)

Academic advising for the Regional and Online Campuses (ROC) students begins on the student’s first visit to the regional campus or military center. Students work closely with an academic advisor in selecting a major and choosing courses each term that best suits their degree and career plans. A professional academic advisor is available for every student.  For further information please contact the regional campus or military center of your choice (listed below).

Campus Accelerated Program for Adults (CAPA) – Main Campus

Hoover Building
(909) 448-4151

Undergraduates and Graduates – Regional Campuses
Central Coast – San Luis Obispo, (805) 788-6200
High Desert – Victorville, (760) 955-6440
Inland Empire – Ontario, 909-937-6985
Kern County – Bakersfield, (661) 861-6800
Orange County – Irvine, (714) 505-6936
Point Mugu Naval Base,  (805) 986-1783
San Fernando Valley – Burbank, (818) 295-6500
Vandenberg Air Force Base, (805) 734-6220
Ventura County – Oxnard, (805) 981-6020

La Verne Online: (800) 695-4858
Centers for Educators: (800) 695-4858