On-Campus Housing for New Students
|Friday, February 21, 2014||Fall 2014 housing application available through “MyLaVerne” at 8:00AM|
|Thursday, May 1, 2014||Application priority date to participate in “Room Selection” in June|
|1st -2nd Week in June||New Student “Room Placement” Week|
|Friday, July 25, 2014||Deadline to enroll in classes and make financial arrangements|
|Saturday, August 9, 2014||Transfers deadline to enroll and make financial arrangements|
|Wednesday, August 20, 2014||Move-In Day (Tentative times: 8am -12noon)|
How to Apply: (Click here for a pdf copy of this information)
1. Submit $200 tuition deposit to the Office of Admission. The tuition deposit confirms a student’s intent to attend the university for spring 2014 and will give student access to “MyLaVerne.”
2. Log into “MyLaVerne“. Once in “MyLaVerne” a) click on “student services and financial aid,” b) click on “apply for housing” c) click on “housing application”. If you are not sure how to access “MyLaVerne” call the Office of Registrar at (909) 593-3511 x4001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Students can also visit the Office of Registrar’s website for additional information.
3. Once in the housing application page, follow directions on how to complete “electronic housing application.” Applicants should note that electronic housing application consists of FOUR STEPS:
STEP 1 – Consists of a) selecting application period; b) completing background information; c) indicating building preferences and d) electronically signing terms and conditions (i.e. contract).
STEP 2 – Consists of submitting a housing application/activity fee through Student Accounts. This can be done a) electronically through “MyLaVerne;” b) in person at the Student Accounts office; or c) via mail. When submitting payment, students should indicate that payment is for housing application/activity fee.
During this step Housing will also verify that student has submitted tuition deposit. It will take Housing between 2 – 3 days to verify that application/activity fee and tuition deposit have both been submitted. Upon completing Step 2 a student’s application will be considered active.
STEP 3 – Upon verification of items in Step 2, student will be sent an email to their LA VERNE EMAIL account informing them they can proceed to Step 3. The third step consists of a) selecting a meal plan; b) answering lifestyle/roommate questions and c) browsing for possible roommate.
STEP 4 – Consists of student being able to select or being assigned a room for spring. Room selection order is based on date/time of completion of Step 3 and out-of-state status. Once complete, a student will have space tentatively selected for spring. Students not participating in room selection will be assigned a space based on availability.
Students should remember that all room selections/placements are tentative until a student has enrolled in classes and made financial arrangements. Students who do not make arrangements by the specified dates may lose their housing space and be moved to pending status.
New Student Communities: The following themed communities are available for new students to consider as they think about living on campus. For more information on communities click here.
- Honors Living Learning Community – 1st Floor in Vista La Verne, Oaks A 2nd Floor
- First Year Experience – Brandt Hall; Oaks A 1st Floor and Oaks F; Stu-Han Wings 1, 3, 4, 5
- Women Experience Floor – Oaks A Bottom (1st Floor)
- Graduate Student and Non-Traditional Undergrad Communities – Selected suites in Vista La Verne