Application Process for New Students
NOTE: We are no longer accepting application for Fall 2015 Semester/Term. Spring 2016 Semester/Term application will be available on November 2, 2015.
Freshmen, new graduate students and new transfer students may apply for housing once they have been admitted to the University and have submitted the tuition deposit to the Office of Admissions. The tuition deposit confirms a student’s intent to attend the University and will give a student access to “MyLaVerne,” the University student portal.
Once you have confirmed your intention, you may apply by logging into “MyLaVerne” and select the term for which you are applying.
How to Apply
Step 1: Log into MyLaVerne. Log into “MyLaVerne” and click on “Student Services and Financial Aid” to access the Housing Application. If you are not sure how to access “MyLaVerne,” contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com.
Step 2: Begin Application. The application consists of THREE (3) main steps:
- Select the application period; complete background information; indicate building/room preferences; and electronically sign the Housing License Agreement (also known as the contract).
- Pay the $300 non-refundable application/activity fee.
- Select a meal plan; answer lifestyle/roommate questionnaires; browse for potential roommate; and sign up for the optional renters insurance.
Step 3: Room Placement. Students completing the steps outlined above by Friday, May 1, 2015 Priority Deadline will be eligible to participate in “Room Placement” the week of June 1-12. Application and fees received AFTER Friday, May1, 2015 Priority Deadline will be offered space based on availability and on a first come first served basis.
Assignments are done based on the profile submitted on the application and date of applications. The student will be notified by email once he/she has been assigned a housing space. Student can also log on to the housing application to review the assignment.
Please note: All room placements are tentative until a student has enrolled in classes and made financial arrangements. Students who do not make arrangements by the specified dates may lose their housing space and be moved to pending status.
New Student Communities: The following themed communities are available for new students to consider as they think about living on campus. For more information on communities click here.
- Honors Living Learning Community – 1st Floor in Vista La Verne, Oaks A 2nd Floor
- First Year Experience – Brandt Hall; Oaks A 1st Floor and Oaks F; Stu-Han Wings 1, 3, 4, 5
- Women Experience Floor – Oaks A Bottom (1st Floor)
- Graduate Student and Non-Traditional Undergrad Communities – Selected suites in Vista La Verne
|HOUSING APPLICATION 2015-2016 TIMELINE FOR NEW STUDENTS|
|FEBRUARY 2||Online application period opens|
|MAY 1||Priority Deadline|
|JUNE 1-12||New Student “Room Placement” Week|
|JULY 25||Deadline to enroll in classes and fulfill financial arrangement with Student Accounts Office|
|AUGUST 21||New International Student Move-In|
|AUGUST 26||New Student Move-In|
|AUGUST 26||Last day to cancel confirmed License Agreement to receive 100% refund|