Applying to Live On-Campus – New Students
|Nov. 1st||Spring housing application available through “MyLaVerne”|
|Dec. 6th||Deadline for financial arrangements for winter term (grad students)|
|Jan. 6th||Deadline for financial arrangements for spring semester|
|Jan. 17th||Spring housing application closes|
|Jan. 24th||Deadline for financial arrangements for spring term (grad students)|
|Feb. 2nd||Spring move-in day|
How to Apply: (Click here for a pdf copy of this information)
1. Submit $200 tuition deposit to the Office of Admission. The tuition deposit confirms a student’s intent to attend the university for spring 2014 and will give student access to “MyLaVerne.”
2. Log into “MyLaVerne.” Once in “MyLaVerne” a) click on “student services and financial aid,” b) click on “apply for housing.” If you are not sure how to access “MyLaVerne” contact the Registrar’s Office at (909) 593-3511 x4001 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Students can also visit Registrar’s website for additional information.
3. Once in the housing application page, follow directions on how to complete “electronic housing application.” Applicants should note that electronic housing application consists of FOUR STEPS:
STEP 1 – Consists of a) selecting application period; b) completing background information; c) indicating building preferences and d) electronically signing terms and conditions (i.e. contract).
STEP 2 – Consists of submitting a housing application/activity fee through Student Accounts. This can be done a) electronically through “MyLaVerne;” b) in person at the Student Accounts office; or c) via mail. When submitting payment, students should indicate that payment is for housing application/activity fee.
During this step Housing will also verify that student has submitted tuition deposit. It will take Housing between 2 – 3 days to verify that application/activity fee and tuition deposit have both been submitted. Upon completing Step 2 a student’s application will be considered active.
STEP 3 – Upon verification of items in Step 2, student will be sent an email to their LA VERNE EMAIL account informing them they can proceed to Step 3. The third step consists of a) selecting a meal plan; b) answering lifestyle/roommate questions and c) browsing for possible roommate.
STEP 4 – Consists of student being able to select or being assigned a room for spring. Room selection order is based on date/time of completion of Step 3 and out-of-state status. Once complete, a student will have space tentatively selected for spring. Students not participating in room selection will be assigned a space based on availability.
Students should remember that all room selections/placements are tentative until a student has enrolled in classes and made financial arrangements. Students who do not make arrangements by the specified dates may lose their housing space and be moved to pending status.
Themed CommunitiesThe following themed communities are available for new students to consider as they think about living on campus (form more information on communities, students click here).
- Honors Living Learning Community – 1st Floor in Vista La Verne, Oaks A 2nd Floor
- First Year Experience – Brandt Hall; Oaks A 1st Floor and Oaks F; Stu-Han Wings 1, 3, 4, 5
- Women Experience Floor – Oaks A Bottom (1st Floor)
- Graduate Student and Non-Traditional Undergrad Communities – Selected suites in Vista La Verne
Should you have any questions regarding the housing application process or applying for housing please contact the SHARE office at email@example.com or by calling (909) 593-3511 x4792.