It is necessary that you complete our Application for Employment form in its entirety. You may provide a resume, but it may not replace any information asked for on the application. (When emailing your application, please send in Word doc form only. Please do not use file extensions other than .doc and do not cut and paste Word doc information into the body of the email. Doing so will cause proper formatting to be lost. This will cause a delay and require you to re-submit your materials).
- Click here for the application in Microsoft Word format
- Click here for the application in Adobe (PDF) format
If selected for interview you will be asked to sign the application at that time. Send it to:
University of La Verne
Human Resources Department
1950 Third Street
La Verne, CA 91750
Position numbers _______ _______ _______
Or you may FAX your application to: (909) 392-2791; or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you attach a document, use only Microsoft Word or an Adobe PDF file. Otherwise include all information in the main body of the email message.
Please, omit photographs and any information (such as age, race, marital status, religion, disabilities, ethnicity, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation) that is not directly related to skills and ability to perform the work of the position. Otherwise it may be necessary to return your application for amending and re-filing.
La Verne is a proud member of HERC
Assistant Director, Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning
#3262 – Associate Director of Corporate Education, Enrollment Management
The University of La Verne, with its rich 118-year history and California’s pioneer leader in corporate education, has an opening for an Associate Director of Corporate Education. Reporting to the Associate VP & Chief Marketing Officer, the primary responsibility of the position is to generate qualified leads, establish corporate class sites to conduct degree programs, and to recruit students while enhancing the brand of the University of La Verne within the corporate and government communities.
The duties of this position include prospecting and generating new corporate and government clients through research, cold-calls, outreach, and other marketing/sales initiatives. The successful candidate will develop and maintain business relationships, and achieve targeted growth of new corporate and government clients. Also, the position establishes, develops and writes contracts for corporate class sites.
The Associate Director of Corporate Education will have these additional responsibilities:
- Participate in ongoing leads and student recruitment activities at corporations, and conduct information meetings with potential students
- Utilize and maintain client and prospect databases
- Schedule, organize and attend events at companies, organizations, local community events and career fairs to increase awareness and generate student enrollment in the degree programs offered by the University.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Management or closely related field. A Master’s degree is preferred. Extensive knowledge of business or higher education market and three to five years of successful sales and/or marketing experience preferably in education or training is required. Excellent interpersonal communication skills with ability to effectively deliver presentations to small and large groups including management level is essential as well as the proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks effectively.
The ability to develop and write sales proposals, correspondence, and assist in marketing collateral, along with strong oral and written language skills is essential. Additionally, candidate must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook programs. Candidates must possess a valid California Drivers license with reliable, insured transportation. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a complete background investigation including a DMV report.
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan. To apply, please see instructions above.
##3240 – Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs – Office of the Provost
The Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs will provide support and assistance to the Provost for all faculty affairs as well as units within the Academic Affairs Division that directly support faculty professional development, the teaching and learning process, the assessment of teaching and learning, WASC accreditation, faculty scholarship, research and creative work and associated support services.
Duties of the Associate Provost include:
- Oversight and supervision of Academic Affairs personnel associated with faculty affairs. Such activities include, but are not limited to:
- Hiring, retention, promotion, sabbatical and tenure processes for tenure track faculty.
- Hiring, retention, and development process for non-tenure track faculty.
- Effective orientation programs for new faculty members and new department chairs.
- Faculty research support and recognition events.
- Supervision of the WASC Academic Liaison Officer and responsibility for WASC Accreditation Activities, including the coordination and management of Educational Effectiveness Committee and coordination and management of all WASC review processes.
- Supervision of the Director of the Wilson Library. Provides leadership to Wilson Library so that it is effectively meeting the needs of La Verne Faculty and students.
- Supervision of Director of the Office of Sponsored Research. Provides leadership to the Office of Sponsored Research so that this office effectively meets the needs of La Verne Faculty.
- Supervision of all personnel in Academic Affairs involved in assessment, including University-wide academic program reviews, University-wide administrative unit reviews, development of a comprehensive assessment programs to guide academic and curricular decisions.
- Supervision of the Director and oversight of the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning. Fully develop the University’s plan for expansion of the mission of the Center.
- Provides oversight and coordination of the IRB.
- Other duties as assigned by the Provost.
The Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs will have an earned doctorate. Experience in administrative leadership is preferred. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a complete background investigation.
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan. To apply, please complete the Senior Manager Application and forward to email@example.com.
#3186 – Web Developer – Enrollment Management
The University of La Verne is seeking a Web Developer to join the University Marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing and Communications, the Web Developer will develop original and innovative electronic designs from concept to completion to support the branding direction and consistency of design as it relates to the University and the departments it supports.
The Web Developer will develop, manage and maintain websites in a content management environment. In addition, this position will work with the Web and Graphic Designer to create attractive, highly usable interfaces for University of La Verne web, digital and mobile applications. Duties within projects will include: graphic design, user interface design, site architecture, front-end coding, web traffic and usability analysis, social media integration, documentation, online search engine strategies and browser compatibility testing.
Under the direction of the Director of Digital Marketing and Communications, the Web Developer will create original designs within the University WordPress template using appropriate web-authoring software. Prepare and place graphics (Jpeg, Gif, PNG, Flash and video) in existing site templates into site. Additional duties include:
- Maintain, implement, and support web pages and/or web sites for departments.
- Develop the information architecture, taxonomy and presentation for department web sites, ensuring they adhere to campus guidelines and web best practices.
- Learn and apply new web/electronic media technologies and techniques.
- Assist in the design, production and deployment of electronic marketing messages via HTML email blasts.
- Manage website updates, including design changes, content updates, and graphic enhancements.
- Suggest new site features that increase visitor engagement and conversion.
The Web Developer will implement visual design concepts in web, flash and HTML5 applications. The position will create design solutions that address artistic objectives and curator needs, including the design of screen layouts, content presentation and user interface elements. Additional duties include:
Manage multiple concurrent projects while maintaining high standards of excellence, conformity to university graphic standards and positive, cooperative attitude.
- Design new site templates and associated functionality based upon user requirements.
- Implement and edit web content including text and image.
- Assist with encoding of streaming audio and video clips where necessary.
- Design web page layouts based on existing style guidelines, and create optimized graphics for multi platform implementation.
Using WordPress Enterprise management system, the Web Developer will help organize and define each areas web site content goals. Additional duties include:
Management of content data; maintain and support additions, changes and revisions on a timely basis.
- Develop, train and support training materials to assist faculty and staff in learning and using a content management system.
- Communicate effectively with departments to ensure that their site is accurate, up-to-date, and meets the campus’ standards for web communications.
- Troubleshoot WordPress access, usability, login, feature and functionality issues for web pages.
- Liaise with University constituents to increase usage and adoption of web and web related technologies offered and Office of Information Technology for back-end support of the Web system.
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403(b) retirement plan. To apply, please see the instructions above.