The mission of the International Studies Institute (ISI) is to establish personal, scholarly, and professional links among American and international faculty and students in order to enhance knowledge and understanding of our global community.
To achieve this mission, ISI has established six goals:
- To offer an undergraduate degree in International Studies that is interdisciplinary in design and focuses on core competencies for international study;
- To support interdisciplinary research on local and international themes through coursework, conferences, and seminars;
- To provide an inclusive forum for faculty and students to discuss and debate current, international issues;
- To encourage international faculty and student exchange;
- To seek external funding to support the Institute’s mission; and
- To work with University associations and external associations to enhance the Institute’s goals.