$20,000 Performance Scholarships
About the Performance Scholarships
The University of La Verne will offer two $20,000 Performance Scholarships in each of the featured performance areas for the 2013-2014 academic year. Scholarships are for incoming freshmen and transfer students only. The Scholarships are renewable annually up to four years of undergraduate study based on the student’s academic progress and participation in the program. Students are strongly encouraged to apply for state and federal financial aid in addition to this scholarship. Scholarship winners will be announced by the end of March prior to fall semester. Two scholarships are available in each of the six areas of fine and visual arts:
Art (any combination of painting, sculpture, drawing or mixed media)
Communications (video production)
Music (voice or instrument)
Theatre (performance or design)
- Complete all application materials* for admission (utilize the La Verne Application for Admission or the Common Application) and submit to the University of La Verne by December 31, 2012. University Application Checklist (pdf) – December is the last month for ACT’s and SAT’s to be taken.
- A recommendation from a teacher familiar with your work related to the performance area for which you are applying.
- A one-page resumé detailing your work related to the performance area for which you are applying.
- Applicants must be admitted into the University prior to attending Performance Scholarship Day .
- Applicants must attend Performance Scholarship Day** on February 9, 2013. Please RSVP.
- Applicants are encouraged to major, but must at least minor in the performance area.
- Applicants may only apply under one performance area.
- Recipients must enroll full-time at the University and continuously attend while maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
- Follow directions for portfolio submission, which are found under area requirements.
- Submit the application, letter of recommendation and other required materials to the following address by December 31, 2012*:
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors or eligible transfer students.
University of La Verne
Attn: Denise Shiokari – Performance Scholarship
1950 Third Street
La Verne, CA 91750
* Application materials must be postmarked by December 31, 2012.
**Out-of-area and international applicants who cannot attend Performance Scholarship Day will be interviewed by faculty on the telephone.
All gift aid to include federal, state, institutional grants, private gift aid and scholarship aid, will be counted toward this Performance Scholarship. This Performance Scholarship (except fees) will be calculated as follows: the cost of tuition minus any grants/gift aid/scholarships awarded.
Performance Scholarship Menu
December 31, 2012
Admission Application Due
Scholarship Application Due
February 1, 2013
RSVP deadline for Performance Scholarship Day
February 9, 2013
Performance Scholarship Day
Late March 2013
Scholarship recipients notified
909-593-3511 ext. 4188