Congratulations to the University of La Verne on receiving the Bicycle Friendly University designation at the Silver level. This award is presented only to campuses with remarkable commitments to bicycling.
Holiday Shuttle Service 2014
Shuttle Lot Closed for Winter Break
- The shuttle lot will be closed Wednesday, December 24, 2014 – Sunday January 4, 2015.
- Security cameras will be activated at all times there will not be a security guard stations on the shuttle lot.
- All vehicles must be removed from the shuttle lot by 10pm Tuesday, December 23, 2014 or they will be locked in the lot for the duration of the Winter Holiday.
- Shuttle service will resume regular service at 6:30am Monday January 5, 2015”
- Citations will not be issued on main campus due to this being a University recognized Holiday
- No citations will be issued Tuesday 12/23/2014 after 7:00pm – Monday 1/5/2015 7:00am
Transportation and Parking Services
Fall 2014 Shuttle Service
Dear Campus Community,Fall 2014 shuttle service will operate as follows:
- The shuttle lot will be open from 6:30am – 11:00pm Monday through Friday (with a security guard onsite at all times);
- The shuttle lot will be closed after 11:00pm Friday night until 6:30am Monday morning.
- Three shuttles will run continuously from 7:00am Monday morning until Friday nights at 11:00pm
- There will be no shuttle service after 11:00pm Friday evenings, or on the weekends, until Monday morning at 7:00am
- To find the current shuttles in operation and the next shuttle due at your stop, we invite you to download our DoubleMap app onto your smartphone.
For more information, please contact Parking Services at (909) 448-4725.*************************************************************************** ATTENTION: Important Announcement for Summer Shuttle Services, Shuttle Lot Hours and Parking on CampusFor students, staff and faculty who will be returning to campus throughout the Summer months of June, July and August, please note the following changes to our parking services:
- The Shuttle Lot will be open ONLY from 7 am to 7 pm, Monday through Friday.
- The University’s Free Shuttle Service will operate continuously from 7 am to 7 pm, Monday through Friday.
- The Shuttle Lot will continue to be supervised by on-site security personnel.
- Parking permits or daily permits will continue to be required for those using any University (Main Campus) parking lot. Permits will be required 7 am to 7 pm, Monday through Friday.
For more information, please email Parking & Transportation Services at Parking@laverne.edu.***********************
Parking & Transportation Selected to Receive Diamond Award by LA Metro!On Monday, May 19th, the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority (“Metro”), announced that the University of La Verne’s Parking & Transportation Services was chosen as one of five “Diamond Award” winners for 2014. Parking & Transportation was selected for its “Outstanding Shoestring Program”, which demonstrated “…An extraordinary use of low-cost solutions for motivating employees to rideshare.” The Diamond Award represents the unprecedented growth and level of excellence in our shared responsibility to effectively manage the traffic, transportation and parking facilities needs of the campus community and our guests.The Award will be presented to Lisa Grater, Parking & Transportation Services Coordinator, on May 29th at Union Station in Los Angeles. * * *National Bike Month is Back!On Thursday, May 15, 2014—Bike to Work Day—The University of La Verne will host one of “Los Angeles County’s 100 Pit Stops”. With refreshments being provided all across Los Angeles County, there is no excuse not to ride your bike to work.Where: Campus Center – 7:00am – 10:00amExtras! THREE Randomly-selected La Verne students will also be provided a FREE Bike Maintenance Service! Additional repair services will also be available on campus for Student, Staff, Faculty and commuters!Metro’s Bike Week 2014 is fast approaching. Pledge to Bike to Work on Thursday, May 15 and you will be entered to win great prizes!
- Whether you bike to work every day, a few times a week or never, bike to work with us during Bike Week LA 2014. Start your work day off right, with almost 100 “pit stops” offering refreshments across Los Angeles County.
- Pledge here to ride your bike on Bike to Work Day, Thursday, May 15 and be entered to win a brand new Novara Big Buzz Bike or a cool Novara E.T.A. Backpack from REI, an Abus U-lock and other great prizes! Join us for a fun-filled week of activities, May 12-18. View the full schedule at metro.net/bikeweek
All month long,register your bike at Campus Safety for FREE and receive a FREE U-Lock! It’s fast and simple—you can do it online at http://sites.laverne.edu/campus-safety/register-bicycles/ * * *Transportation Services Coordinator Receives Fleet Excellence NominationLisa Grater, Coordinator for the The University of La Verne’s Transportation Services Section of Campus Safety was selected as one of three finalists by the National Association of Fleet Administrators for its “Excellence in Fleet Leadership Award”. The nomination marked the first time any institution in higher education had been named as a finalist in the history of NAFA’s “Fleet Excellence” awards. Moreover, Lisa’s nomination joined her with international and national corporate fleet executives as well as major metropolitan fleet administrators from across the United States.Lisa was recognized for her outstanding leadership in administering the University’s owned and operated fleet programs, including all University transportation programming that supports the variety academic, athletic and community-engagement activities that the University so robustly participates in such as in-field research trips, NCAA athletic events, La Verne Experience and other key programs.Lisa is also the primary facilitator for the University’s fleet maintenance program, and all daily operations fleet vehicles including the La Verne Shuttle. As part of this responsibility, Lisa coordinates all of the technologies, including smartphone apps such as “DoubleMap”, which provide real time updates and schedules of the University’s Shuttle fleet.The Transportation Services Section is part of the Parking Services program, in which Lisa also oversees all parking programs, parking lots and facilities, and the alternative transportation suite of services such as Bicycle Friendly University, ZipCar, vanpool & carpool programs, and the University’s commitment to the air quality goals of the Southern California Region.* * * Dear Campus Community,During the Spring 2014 semester, shuttle service will operate as follows:
- The shuttle lot will be open 24/7 (with a security guard onsite at all times);
- Shuttles will run continuously from 3pm Sunday afternoons through 10:30pm Friday nights (the number of shuttles will vary by time-of-day). To find the current shuttles in operation and the next shuttle due at your stop, we invite you to download our DoubleMap app onto your smartphone.
- Vista residents using the shuttle lot will be able to park on campus with their Vista permits from noon on Fridays through 7am on Mondays, as well as on all holidays. Students are highly encouraged to move their cars into the main campus lots during those days/times.
For more information, please contact Parking Services at (909) 448-4725.Thank you,Stan SkipworthDirector of Campus Safety & Transportation************University of La Verne Receives Bike Friendly University Silver Award!The University of La Verne has been awarded Silver Level status as a Bike Friendly University by the League of American Bicyclists!Learn more about this exciting news here ULV Bike Friendly University!See the list of Bike Friendly Universities HERE.Want to know more about our Bike Friendly programs? Visit these helpful resources:http://sites.laverne.edu/campus-safety/bike-information/http://sites.laverne.edu/campus-safety/bicycle-registration/http://sites.laverne.edu/campus-safety/bike-routes-maps-and-more/********** Welcome to the University of La Verne’s Transportation and Parking Services webpage. We have provided information that we hope will make your parking and transportation experience at the University as pleasant as possible.Transportation and Parking Services is committed to providing reliable transportation options and safe parking options that enhance the quality of life for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors while promoting sustainability on campus. We are responsible for the overall management of parking facilities and services, parking permits and traffic control, maintaining an effective commuting system, and meeting the transportation needs of the University community.If you drive onto campus, we’ll assist you with parking locations, and where to purchase daily parking permit that meets your need. If you use alternative transportation to commute to campus, this webpage can also assist you in planning your commute by public transportation, understanding your rideshare options, or by providing you information on the bike routes in the area.Whether your interest lies in shuttle options, vanpooling, parking permits, visitor/vendor parking, special events parking or the new Zipcars you have come to the right place!Also included in this website are maps, shuttle schedules, parking permit information and parking potions; as well as brief construction updates that may affect your commute.* * *Have you downloaded LeoSafe onto your smartphone?If not, visit iTunes or Google Play to download the La Verne Safety app to your iPhone or Android-based device, The Campus Safety & Transportation Department is fully dedicated to the University’s Mission to offer a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of traditional-age, adult, and graduate learners preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to life-long learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The Campus Safety & Transportation Department also shares and is committed to demonstrating the University’s Core Values of Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning, and Community and Civic Engagement.Values of Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning, and Community and Civic Engagement.ement.