Dear Campus Community, During the Spring 2015 semester, shuttle service will operate as follows:
- The shuttle lot will be open 7:00am – 10:00pm Monday – Friday
- Monday March 16 – Tuesday March 17 the shuttle drop off and pick up area on main campus will be in lot E
- Wednesday March 18 – Friday March 20 the shuttle drop off and pick up area will resume in lot D
- To find the current shuttles in operation and the next shuttle due at your stop, we invite you to download our DoubleMap app onto your smartphone.
Parking & Transportation Selected to Receive Diamond Award by LA Metro! On Monday, May 19th, the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority (“Metro”), announced that the University of La Verne’s Parking & Transportation Services was chosen as one of five “Diamond Award” winners for 2014. Parking & Transportation was selected for its “Outstanding Shoestring Program”, which demonstrated “…An extraordinary use of low-cost solutions for motivating employees to rideshare.” The Diamond Award represents the unprecedented growth and level of excellence in our shared responsibility to effectively manage the traffic, transportation and parking facilities needs of the campus community and our guests. The Award will be presented to Lisa Grater, Parking & Transportation Services Manager, on May 29th at Union Station in Los Angeles.
Coordinator Receives Fleet Excellence Nomination Lisa Grater, Coordinator for the University of La Verne’s Transportation Services Section of Campus Safety was selected as one of three finalists by the National Association of Fleet Administrators for its “Excellence in Fleet Leadership Award”. The nomination marked the first time any institution in higher education had been named as a finalist in the history of NAFA’s “Fleet Excellence” awards. Moreover, Lisa’s nomination joined her with international and national corporate fleet executives as well as major metropolitan fleet administrators from across the United States.Lisa was recognized for her outstanding leadership in administering the University’s owned and operated fleet programs, including all University transportation programming that supports the variety academic, athletic and community-engagement activities that the University so robustly participates in such as in-field research trips, NCAA athletic events, La Verne Experience and other key programs.Lisa is also the primary facilitator for the University’s fleet maintenance program, and all daily operations fleet vehicles including the La Verne Shuttle. As part of this responsibility, Lisa coordinates all of the technologies, including smartphone apps such as “DoubleMap”, which provide real time updates and schedules of the University’s Shuttle fleet.The Transportation Services Section is part of the Parking Services program, in which Lisa also oversees all parking programs, parking lots and facilities, and the alternative transportation suite of services such as Bicycle Friendly University, ZipCar, vanpool & carpool programs, and the University’s commitment to the air quality goals of the Southern California Region.* * *
University of La Verne Receives Bike Friendly University Silver Award 2014 – 2018! The University of La Verne has been awarded Silver Level status as a Bike Friendly University by the League of American Bicyclists! Learn more about this exciting news here ULV Bike Friendly University! Want to know more about our Bike Friendly programs? Visit these helpful resources:http://sites.laverne.edu/campus-safety/bike-information/http://sites.laverne.edu/campus-safety/bicycle-registration/http://sites.laverne.edu/campus-safety/bike-routes-maps-and-more/******
Welcome to the University of La Verne’s Transportation and Parking Services webpage. We have provided information that we hope will make your parking and transportation experience at the University as pleasant as possible. Transportation and Parking Services is committed to providing reliable transportation options and safe parking options that enhance the quality of life for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors while promoting sustainability on campus. We are responsible for the overall management of parking facilities and services, parking permits and traffic control, maintaining an effective commuting system, and meeting the transportation needs of the University community. If you drive onto campus, we’ll assist you with parking locations, and where to purchase daily parking permit that meets your need. If you use alternative transportation to commute to campus, this webpage can also assist you in planning your commute by public transportation, understanding your rideshare options, or by providing you information on the bike routes in the area.Whether your interest lies in shuttle options, vanpooling, parking permits, visitor/vendor parking, special events parking or the new Zipcars you have come to the right place! Also included in this website are maps, shuttle schedules, parking permit information and parking potions; as well as brief construction updates that may affect your commute.
* * *Have you downloaded LeoSafe onto your smartphone?If not, visit iTunes or Google Play to download the La Verne Safety app to your iPhone or Android-based device, The Campus Safety & Transportation Department is fully dedicated to the University’s Mission to offer a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of traditional-age, adult, and graduate learners preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to life-long learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The Campus Safety & Transportation Department also shares and is committed to demonstrating the University’s Core Values of Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning, and Community and Civic Engagement.Values of Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning, and Community and Civic Engagement.ement.