Purchase Requisition Form Instructions
A Purchase Requisition is used as the input document for the Purchasing Department to prepare a Purchase Order (PO), which is the official authorization document to order goods or services from a vendor.
Please note – The Purchase Requisition document has been revised January 2013 to include the new Los Angeles County sales tax rate of 9%.
- Requisition Number- Enter the assigned Requisition Number issued to you by the Purchasing Department (i.e. R001ABC, Please note: the numbers will change, but the letters will remain constant such as R001ABC, R002ABC, R010ABC, etc.)
- Date – Enter the date the Purchase Requisition was prepared.
- PO Type- Place an “x” in the appropriate box.
- Standard – Standard PO – items to be ordered and received by Central Receiving.
- Open – Open or Blanket Purchase Order – An order for items or services to be received over a period of time (not to exceed 1 year).
- Contract – An open order for contracted services (i.e. leases).
- Capital Projects (J)
- No Delivery – Okay to Pay Invoice – Place an “X” in this box if ULV will not receive delivery on a PO. (i.e. warranties, travel, conference registration, etc.) This gives A/P permission to process payment upon receipt of invoice.
- Requested by – The name of the requestor of the goods and services. (i.e. John Smith)
- Extension Number – An extension number that the requestor can be reached. (i.e. 4541 or #6034)
- Department- List the department name requesting the goods or services. (i.e. Purchasing)
- Email Address – Enter your email address – note – @laverne.edu has been automatically populated.
- Department Approval- The person with the responsibility for the program budget and with authority to approve purchases, signs their name signifying that the request is required.
- If over $5000, a Senior Manager must also sign.
- If a technology purchase, must have OIT approval signature.
- Admin. & Finance Signature – This signature is required if your requisition exceeds $500 or in any dollar amount issued to the La Verne Bookstore.
- Quantity- The exact quantity required.
- Note: please be aware of the vendor package sizes (i.e. 1 package of canary pads will include 12 canary pads)
- Unit of Measure – Description of Unit of Measure (i.e. each, dozen, ream, case, hour, lot – a list of items, etc.)
- Article and Description – Vendor catalog number (if applicable), name of the item, make, model, quote number, etc. If there are any instructions, include them in this area. Also include a contact name (if applicable) to mail or fax Purchase Order to their attention.
- Taxable (y/n)- Indicate whether or not each item is taxable. (i.e. of non-taxable items include shipping, services, and labor). Please note that because of the nature of our purchases, the default to this field is “taxable”.
- We must accrue sales tax on items, even if we purchase out of state and are not “charged” them.
- Unit Price – Price of the item either taken from the list price in a vendor catalog, order form, quote received or online pricing obtained.
- Supplier Discount – Enter negative dollar amount associated with discount. (i.e. $-10.00)
- Shipping – Enter dollar amount of shipping charges.
- Comments/Special Instructions – Enter additional comments or special instructions to be included on the Purchase Order.
- Vendor Contact/Email: Enter the contact name for the vendor and the email address to send the Purchase Order to.
- Date Needed – Enter the date your requested item or service is needed (if special date is applicable).
- Ordered for Whom: This is an optional data field for your reference to help you keep track of whom you ordered the product for.
- Recommended Vendor – Name, Address, Fax #, Phone #, Zip Code – Enter vendor contact information.
- Department Number/Object Code Number/Amount – See instructions for entry below.
Department Number – list the 8 digit number(s) to which the goods or services should be charged. (i.e. 11111111)
Object Code Number – List the object code(s) to which the goods or services should be charged. (i.e. 6201 – Supplies)
Amount – Enter dollar amount to be applied to each Department/Object number combination.
- Up to (5) department/program numbers and/or (5) object codes can be entered to split purchases between accounts.
- The dollar total field must equal the requisition total field.