How to Get Your Email Account
The University of La Verne automatically creates a laverne.edu Gmail account for students within 24 hours of their first course registration. You should try to access it as soon as you have registered.
It is the responsibility of each student to check his/her email account on a regular basis. All official email communication from the University (registration deadlines, advising, student billing, financial aid, as well as communication from your instructors and academic advisor) will be sent to your @laverne.edu Gmail address, so whatever option you choose, you must check your @laverne.edu Gmail messages regularly.
Finding your @laverne.edu Gmail Account Name and Password in MyLaVerne: If you know your @laverne.edu Gmail account name (e.g. email@example.com) and password, skip this step and proceed to: Accessing your laverne.edu Gmail account.
To find your @laverne.edu Gmail account name and password;
- Click on “MyLaVerne” at the top right of the University of La Verne home page at http://www.laverne.edu/
- Click on the “Enter Secure Area” link
User ID = your Student ID Number
PIN = if this is your first time logging in your PIN is your birthdate in MMDDYY, format.
NOTE: if you have logged in before and do not remember your PIN, you may reset it by providing the correct answer to your security question, otherwise contact your Academic Advisor for assistance.
- Once you have entered the secure area, click the link “HERE” at the top of the page to enter the Gmail Account Information page where you can get your student @laverne.edu Gmail account username and change your password.
- Click on the “Change Password” button at the bottom of the page to create a new @laverne.edu Gmail password.
How to access your laverne.edu Gmail Account
- Once you have your Gmail account username and password, go to the University of La Verne student email home page at https://gmail.ulv.edu
- Log in to the laverne.edu Gmail system by entering your User name and Password
NOTE: You can only access your laverne.edu Gmail student account through gmail.ulv.edu. You will NOT be able to access it through the regular gmail.google.com log in.
If you have followed these steps and still cannot log in, please contact the Unified Service Desk at (909) 593-3511, extension 4130 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to use your laverne.edu Gmail
There are tutorials on the Laverne Gmail home page that describe how to manage your Gmail account and how to forward your email. Once you have logged into the laverne.edu Gmail system, you can click on the “Help” link on the top of the page to access the Gmail Help Center.
Should you wish to forward your laverne.edu Gmail messages to your home or business email account, here are some issues to consider: Check that your anti-spam software allows laverne.edu messages. Be careful that your personal email account doesn’t reach its quota limit. Some corporate email accounts have firewalls that may block your laverne.edu messages.