To inspire the University of La Verne community and its identity by enhancing the La Verne Experience through comprehensive planning and development in support of learning, engaging, exploring, and discovering.
The Abraham Campus Center, part of the Division of Student Affairs, is an integral part of the educational programming of the University of La Verne, providing opportunities for involvement and student leadership, programs that nurture personal growth and community development, and services that enhance life at the University.
The Campus Center enhances student success by providing a place to play, learn, relax and connect to the campus community.
- We provide the services, conveniences and amenities, which are needed in daily campus life and in support of the mission of the University of La Verne.
- We serve as the community center and provide quality customer service for all members of the University (students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests).
- We strive to develop relevant and quality-minded services, facilities and experiences responsive to members of the campus and surrounding communities.
- We promote and support wellness through recreational facilities, resources, and equipment.
- We support the University and the community through facilitating the scheduling of non-academic space, exceptional event coordination and resources in order to host, support, and promote events and special occasions on campus.
Opened in summer 2009, the Sara and Michael Abraham Campus Center serves as a primary gathering place on the University of La Verne’s main campus for students, faculty, staff and La Verne community members. As the projected hub of student life, the Abraham Campus Center proudly reflects the University’s commitment to sustainability and, in accordance with the institution’s mission statement, “affirms a philosophy of life that actively supports peace with justice, the health of the planet and its people.”
The Sara and Michael Abraham Campus Center, which is 40,200 square feet, provides a welcoming environment, activities and services that promote community, individual growth, responsible citizenship and global perspective. It is also home to many student organizations and programs, social and recreational facilities, classrooms, computer labs, lounges, dining operations, as well as conference, meeting and event space. The Abraham Campus Center is truly where it all comes together.
The Abraham Campus Center was designed to be one of the greenest buildings on the La Verne campus and was presented LEED Silver certification under the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design certification system for new construction (LEED-NC); it is the University’s first building to receive this certification.
As you join the Abraham Campus Center family we ask that you look forward to the future and the health of our planet; help “LEED” the University to a greener tomorrow.