Visit this page often! It is an international student’s best friend.
The following information is subject to change at any time and may not apply to non-La Verne students. For the latest, most complete, and accurate information about immigration procedures, please call or visit the OISE.
Staying in F-1 Status
Learn more about how to stay in status by clicking on ‘Staying in F-1 Status.’
Guidelines for Immigration issues
Find Answers to your Immigration Questions.
- Change of Status — From F-2 to F-1
- Changing Status — From F-1 to F-2
- Change of Status — From H to F-1
- Completing Your Program
- Extension of Stay: When the I-20 will expire
- I-20 Replacing a Lost I-20
- Less than Full-Time Status
- Applying for OPT
- Applying for CPT
- Social Security
- Study at Another Institution
- Travel Authorization Signature
- Vacation: When can I take a vacation?
- Visa: Applying for an F-1 Visa
- Visa: Automatic Revalidation of Visas
- Visa: When Your F-1 Visa Expires (visa renewal)
- Working on Campus
- Taking a Leave of Absence
Updating Your I-20 Record
Curricular Practical Training
10. CPT Request Form
Optional Practical Training
11. OPT Request Form
13. Request for Cap Gap Extension – H1B Applicants ONLY.
14. Vacation Request – Term Based Programs ONLY.