Want to Borrow a Bike? Try the Leo Bike Library – It’s FREE!
Want to borrow a bike for the day, the weekend or the semester? Call us and reserve your Leo Bike Library bicycle or stop by Transportation and Parking Services, located in the Campus Safety office on the east side of the ground floor of the parking structure.
We offer a limited number of bikes for you to use locally, and provide you with a helmet and u-lock to help you enjoy your planned outing and travel. Bikes are available to registered students and employees only and may be borrowed during the Fall and Spring semesters.
To make reservations, or to learn more about the Leo Bike Library, call us at 909-448-4725, email firstname.lastname@example.org or ask to speak with someone from Transportation and Parking Services.
Office hours to check out bikes are Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm during August through May.
Bringing Your Own Bike to Campus?
If you are bringing a bike to campus, we recommend doing the following:
- Register your bike with Campus Safety (located on the ground floor of the parking structure) and you will receive a voucher for a free U-Lock.
- Bring your bike for quarterly service. American Bike Patrol Services will come to campus and provides tune-ups, flat tire repair and gear, brake and pedal adjustments at a discounted rate. You will receive a notification email with the date and time of their next visit. If you’re among the first three people to bring your bike in for service, your repairs are on us!
- Remove bikes locked to University bike stands during the summer months. Our office will send an email to all students asking that they remove their bike from campus two weeks after the school year has ended. Bicycles left on campus through the summer may be confiscated.
Are your tires low on air? Does your seat need adjusting? Are your pedals loose? Well we have good news for you! The University has a Bike Fixtation work stand where you can make repairs to your bicycle for free. The work stand is located on the south side of the bike racks that are located between the Campus Center and Hanawalt House. If you aren’t sure how to make repairs, you can scan the stand’s QR code or go to bikefixtation.com/help to download helpful repair instructions. The stand’s tools include:
- Hex Key Set
- Torx T-25
- Steel Core Tire Levers (2)
- Adjustable Wrench and 13/15 Cone Wrench
- Phillips & Standard Screwdrivers
- Air Pump
Biking with Metro
Did you know you can take your bike on the bus, train or light rail? To find out more about how to commute with by bike with Metro, go to: https://www.metro.net/riding/bikes/
For a list of bike clubs and events in your area, go to: http://socalcycling.com/clubs-teams/