Once you’ve completed a year of introductory physics we would like to invite you to become a teaching assistant for the Physics Program next Fall.
Lab instructors will rely on you to provide valuable instructional/grading support and offer your unique insights for improving the labs from a student perspective. While helping fellow students learn physics, you’ll become a better teacher, better learner, better communicator, and improve your own understanding of physics.
What’s in it for you?
- Get paid to improve your understanding of physics!
- Gain experience teaching and set yourself apart from others in your field!
- Develop close working relationships with staff, instructors, and faculty mentors!
- Join a campus community with a passion for science and education!
- Flexible work hours with labs running M-Th from 8:30am – 9:50pm!
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
- Successful completion of Physics 201/203 and 202/204 with a grade of B or better.
- Ability to communicate effectively and help students construct their own understandings of lab material.
- Committed to working both Fall and Spring semesters for a minimum of 5 hours/week.
- Mandatory attendance at the weekly pre-lab meeting (usually held on Fridays).
- Dependable, reliable, and self-sufficient.
Here’s how to apply
Click here to provide your name and email address. We’ll contact you when we’re ready to start the application process for the upcoming Fall semester. If chosen, interviews will be scheduled during Summer with the goal of completing the hiring process by August 01.