Request to Cancel/Increase/Change a Purchase Order
Banner Change Order Form
Used to request a change to an existing purchase order.
Used as the input document by the purchasing department to make any necessary changes to an existing purchase order (cancel, increase, decrease, etc.)
- Date (Current date)
- Purchase Order Number (the PO number you wish to change)
- Purchase Requisition Number (the requisition used to create the PO)
- Vendor Name (Name of the vendor on the original purchase order)
- Original purchase order amount (The total listed on the original purchase order.
- Any changes that must be made to the purchase order (i.e. include changed dollar amounts as well as new dollar amount of the purchase order)
- Brief description of the changes being made.
- Fund, Organization, Account, Program (FOAP) (The budget that the dollar figure will be charged)
- Department Title (Name of your department)
- Department Approval (the signature of responsible representative for your department)
- Administration and Finance (The signature for budget approval on all changes over $500).
Change Order Submission:
- OVER $500 – Send Change Order form to the Accounts Payable Department for approval.
- **UNDER $500 – Send Change Order form to Purchasing for processing.
Subsequent Purchasing Department Action:
- Upon receipt of the change order, the purchasing department will process the necessary changes. A copy of the amended purchase order will be sent to the person requesting the change. The purchase order copy you receive will serve as notice that the changes have been completed.