In order to give a student an Incomplete grade (INC) on your Final Grade sheet, you must first fill out and accept an Incomplete Contract for that student through the MyLaVerne system. Incomplete Contracts can be initiated by the student and sent to the faculty person for review and approval or they can be initiated and approved by the faculty member alone. If you initiate and approve an INC for a student, that student will be able to view the completed Incomplete Contract online through the MyLaVerne system.
- Log in to MyLaVerne
- Once inside the MyLaVerne system, click on Faculty Services.
- From the Faculty Services menu, click on Final Grades.
- From the drop down menu on the Term Selection page, select the appropriate term.
- From the drop down menu on the CRN Selection page, select the appropriate class.
- Find the student you wish to give an INC grade on your class roster.
- If the link on the right hand side of the screen under the “Incomplete Contract” column says “Create” the student has not submitted a contract for your review and you will need to create one from scratch by clicking on the Create link.
- If the link on the right hand side of the screen under the “Incomplete Contract” column says Approve the student has submitted a contract for your review and you will be able to view the submitted material and make any necessary changes to the contract by clicking on the Approve link.
- After the contract opens, either fill out the blank Incomplete Contract or make changes to the submitted contract as necessary.
- Explain the circumstances that led the student to request the INC grade.
- In the “Completed Work” section, type in all of the assignments the student has completed in the course, the grade on each of those assignments and the percentage of the total possible points in the course that each individual assignment fulfills. TIP: Do not total the percentages as you move from line to line. Do not enter the % sign in the “Percent of Final Grade Field” or errors will occur.
- In the “Work Required” section, type in all of the assignments the student still needs to complete in order to finish the course and the percentage of the total possible points in the course that each missing assignment will fulfill. Do not enter the % sign in the “Percent of Final Grade Field” or errors will occur.
- If you want the student to complete your work in this class before the standard deadlines described on the contract, enter an earlier date in the MM/DD/YYYY format. Make sure to enter the complete four-digit year or the system will not accept your entry. TIP:You may not enter a date later than the standard deadlines described on the contract.
- Accept the contract by pressing the Accept button at the bottom of the screen. If you wish to reject a contract submitted by a student, click on the Reject button at the bottom of the screen. Once you have accepted or rejected the contract a copy of the complete contract will display. You may wish to print this contract for your records, but you will also be able to view it through the MyLaVerne system after the grading period has ended by selecting your Final Grade sheet for the class and clicking on the View link in the “Incomplete Contract” column. When you are done viewing the completed contract, return to the Final Grades sheet by clicking on the Faculty Final Grades link at the very bottom of the page.
- When you return to the Final Grades page, you will see that the link in the “Incomplete Contract” column now says View instead of Create or Approve. If you approved the contract, the link with say View(A) and if you rejected the contract the link will say View(R). You can always change your mind and accept a contract you have previously rejected by clicking on the View(R) link, but you cannot modify an approved contract. Students will be able to view both the status and the complete contract by logging in to MyLaVerne.
- When you see the View(A) link in the Incomplete Contract column, indicating that an approved Incomplete Contract exists for that student, you can use the drop down menu in the Grades column to select the INC grade and officially enter that grade for the student by pressing the Submit button at the bottom of the page. If a contract does not exist or if you have rejected a student’s contract, you will receive an error message if you attempt to enter an INC grade and push submit. In such cases the value in the Grade column will revert to NONE.
If you have questions about how to submit an INC grade or INC contract through the MyLaVerne system, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (909) 593-3511 ext. 4014. If you have questions about the appropriate circumstances under which an INC grade should be granted or if you need to refer to the deadlines for completing an existing incomplete, please refer to the ULV Catalog.