Requests for an Incomplete (INC) grade are submitted online through the MyLaVerne system. To request an INC grade, begin by communicating with your professor and explaining the special circumstances that have led to your request for an INC grade. If your instructor is open to considering your request for an INC grade, use the MyLaVerne system to submit an “Incomplete Contract” for your instructor’s consideration by following the steps outlined below.
- Log in to MyLaVerne.
- Click on Enter Secure Area and log in by typing your eight-digit ULV ID number in the Username field and your six-character password (alpha or numeric) in the PIN field. If you have never logged in to MyLaVerne before, your PIN will be set to your six-digit birthday in the MMDDYY format (no spaces, no punctuation). If you have logged in to MyLaVerne before but have forgotten your PIN, enter your Username and click on the Forgot PIN? button. If you correctly answer the security question you set up when you established your account, the Forgot PIN? feature will allow you to assign yourself a new six-character password and log in to the system.
- Once inside the MyLaVerne system, click on Student Services and Financial Aid.
- From the Student Services and Financial Aid menu, click on Student Records.
- From the Student Records menu, click on View/Request Incomplete Grade.
- From the drop down menu on the Term Selection page, select the appropriate term.
- From the drop down menu on the CRN Selection page, select the appropriate class.
- Fill out the Incomplete Contract.
- Explain why you are requesting the incomplete. Be specific about the nature of your circumstances.
- In the “Completed Work” section, type in all of the assignments you have completed in the course, your grade on each of those assignments and the percentage of the total course grade each assignment fulfills. TIP: Do not enter the percentage that corresponds to the grade you received on the assignment. You may need to refer to your course syllabus for information about what percentage of the total course grade each assignment you have completed fulfills.
- In the “Work Required” section, type in all of the assignments you still need to complete in order to finish the course and the percentage of the total course grade each missing assignment will fulfill. You may need to refer to your course syllabus for information about what percentage of the total course grade each assignment you have completed fulfills. TIP: The percentages entered in the “Completed Work” section and the percentages entered for the “Work Required” section should add up to 100% when you add all of the lines together.
- If you intend to complete your work in this class before the standard deadlines described on the contract, enter an earlier date in the MM/DD/YYYY format. Make sure to enter the complete four-digit year or the system will not accept your entry.
- TIP:You may not enter a date later than the standard deadlines described on the contract.
- Submit the contract by pressing the Submit button at the bottom of the screen. Once you have submitted the contract, your professor will see an Approve link to the contract you have submitted when he or she logs in to MyLaVerne to enter the Final Grades for the course. Your instructor will be able to view the contract by clicking on the Approve link.
- 10. In order to determine if your incomplete contract has been accepted, rejected or remains pending, log back in to the system and follow steps 1-7 above. Instead of being presented with a blank contract, when you log back in to check the status of your request your completed contract will display and the status will be either “Accepted”, if your professor has approved the contract, “Rejected”, if your professor has declined the contract, or “Pending”, if your professor has not yet considered your request for an incomplete. TIP: If your contract has been approved, make sure that you read the final version carefully since your professor may have made changes to the information you filled out on the contract before approving your request.
If you have questions about how to submit a request for an INC grade through the MyLaVerne system, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (909) 593-3511 ext. 4000. If you have questions about the appropriate circumstances under which an INC grade should be granted or if you need to refer to the deadlines for completing an existing incomplete, please refer to the Catalog.