Club Workshops – Fall 2017
(If your club/org is requesting ASULV Funding – at least 1 representative from your club MUST attend BOTH workshops before funds are released into your on-campus club account). Failure to do so will result in a delay in transferring funds or possibly cancellation of funding.
The Office of Student Life is pleased to offer TWO Event Programming Workshops. These sessions are intended to help you and your club members program your event details while abiding by the policies and procedures of the University of La Verne. The Office of Student Life wants to ensure that your event runs smoothly and is a huge success! By attending these workshops, you will have a better understanding of the process and guidelines in coordinating any type of event on campus.
If you have questions or are simply unsure on how to program an event, please make every effort to attend. You’ll discover that there are many vital details and planning guidelines you should follow.
• WORKSHOP 1: EVENT RESERVATIONS & MARKETING
Monday, September 18th • 11:45am – 1:00pm @ CAMPUS CENTER- B,C,D
- Making a room/space reservation through the Campus Center Events Staff
- Requesting tables, chairs, PA Sound System, Computer, Projector, Equipment, etc.
- 25 LIVE Reservation System – online reservation system
- Establishing a club email address and/or club website
- Parking Reservation – for your vendors, performers, food trucks, etc.
- Other Reservations: Classrooms, Davenport Dining Hall, Sports Science & Athletic Pavilion, Ortmayer Field
- Electrical Outlets & Water Source
- Catering Orders: using the online ordering system CaterTrax
- How to Market your event: Posting Policy, Online Calendar, ASULV Toilet Paper, etc.
• WORKSHOP 2: CONTRACTS & ACCOUNTS PAYABLE PAPERWORK
Wednesday, September 20th• 11:45am – 1:00pm @ Campus Center B,C,D
- Booking your vendor, performer, musician, etc. (Contracts)
- Risk Management: Contract approval, event approval, waivers, etc.
- On-campus club account: how to access your funds
- Club event expenses: reimbursements, check requests, purchase orders, etc.
- Noise Ordinance(s)
Note: These workshops are offered in the Fall and Spring semester. In order to receive the additional $50 Club Grub for the semester, you must have attended both Workshop 1 and 2 in the same semester.