Due to multiple Commencement Ceremonies, limited space, along with Movement and Sports Science classes and athletic competitions in the Sports Science and Athletics Pavilion, the following guidelines are in effect for all Commencement ceremonies:
- No Food or Drink is Allowed in the Sports Science and Athletics Pavilion: Due to the wooden competition floor, and multiple Commencement Ceremonies on the same day, no food or drink is allowed in the Pavilion gymnasium. Our aim is to provide for all of our graduates and their guests, a clean and well kept facility to enjoy and celebrate the accomplishments of our graduates. Water fountains are located near the restrooms. Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- No Balloons Allowed (mylar or latex) in the Pavilion: The Sports Science and Athletics Pavilion is primarily an athletic and classroom facility. We cannot permit balloons that might be accidentally released that might float down and cause interference with a class or an athletic competition at a later time. Balloons should be left in the car.
- No Strollers Allowed in the Pavilion: Due to limited space in the Pavilion, no strollers are allowed in the gymnasium. Fire Marshal codes provide guidelines for maximum occupancy and aisle standards. There are NO exceptions to this policy.
- Supervision of Children: Due to safety concerns, children should not be allowed to play on the bleachers or in the aisles.
- Disruptive Behavior: To respect the importance and formality of the event for our candidates, no bull horns, noise-makers, or amplified devices are allowed in the ceremony. If disruptive behavior occurs guests could be asked to leave the premises by staff or Campus Safety.
- Personal Photography: We understand the importance of capturing the moment. For this reason, the University has contracted with professional photographers to take a picture of the graduate when they receive their diploma case. Guests are not allowed to proceed into the graduate sections to take pictures or to block the aisles. Guests will be approached by staff and warned to proceed back to their seats. Guests that do not abide by the request of a staff member will be asked to leave the premises.